How do I request a Stop, Speed Limit, Street ID or other sign on my road?
Contact Public Works to perform a traffic study or engineering assessment to determine whether a revision or sign is necessary. If a sign is determined to be appropriate, a request will be sent to the Board of Commissioners for consideration and approval. Once approved, a member of the Highway Division will complete the installation.

A traffic ordinance, approved by the Board of Commissioners, is required for all Regulatory signs (Stop and Speed Limits). Public Works may approve and arrange the installation of all other types of signs (Street ID, Warning, Informational, etc.)

Show All Answers

1. Do my property taxes go towards road construction funding?
2. Who decides which roads are paved each year, and how do they decide?
3. How do I request a Stop, Speed Limit, Street ID or other sign on my road?
4. How do I determine if my property is in the County, City, or Town?
5. How and where do I get a "Children at Play" sign?
6. Do I need a permit to construct or repave my driveway?
7. How do I request a street light?
8. When do I need a Utility Permit?
9. Do I need a permit to build a fence?
10. What permits do I need to build or renovate a home?
11. What is Right-of-Way?
12. What is the Chip and Seal Program?
13. Where can I get a copy of the St. Joseph County Design Standards?
14. What is the Leaf Removal/Pick-Up Program?
15. How would I hook up to city sewer and/or water?
16. What is the Sidewalk Program?
17. How do I get a County Map?
18. May I install a outside basketball hoop in a Cul-de-Sac?
19. Who do I contact about installing a decorative brick mailbox?
20. What are the requirements for a block party, parade, or special event?
21. Can I fill in my roadside swale or ditch?
22. Are there requirements for Over-sized Loads traveling in St. Joseph County?
23. Who do I contact about water ponding by the road?
24. Who do I call to report a pothole?
25. What is the difference between a bridge and a culvert?
26. Who do I contact about damaged sprinkler heads?
27. Who do I contact to get my driveway culvert replaced?
28. Who do I contact to remove a dead animal from the road?
29. How do I request additional snow plowing on my road?
30. Who do I contact about mowing along the road?
31. How do I request a dead tree be removed?
32. What is a HAWK signal?
33. How do I drive in a roundabout?