Traffic & Violations

What to Do When You Get a Ticket
Please allow five to seven days for your ticket to be filed with the court.
Please have your UTT# available when you call.
You have three options when you receive an infraction ticket:
  • Pay the ticket 
  • Infraction Deferral Program
  • Set a court date to contest the ticket by contacting us @ 574-256-6330

Pay a Ticket

You have 40 days from the date of the violation to pay your ticket. Access fines and find the violation written on the ticket. If the violation is not listed, please contact us. 

  • If the violation is listed please send the amount listed in the form of a money order or certified check to:
    St. Joseph County Traffic Violations Bureau
    219 Lincoln West Way
       Mishawaka, IN 46544
  • Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt 
  • If you want to pay by credit card you need to call the office for a case number and pay location code. 
  • You can submit credit card payments online through PayGov. There is a service fee of 3% when fine is paid online. When making the payment, please select Pay Code 6579.


If you need an extension to pay, you must contact us for a court date. 

Infraction Deferral Program

The St. Joseph County Prosecutor's office is in charge of the ticket deferral program. You can see if you qualify for the program online or by contacting the traffic Violations office.

Offenses Required in Court

  •  All misdemeanor violations will receive a summons to appear in court on a certain date  
  •  Infractions - driving while suspended - infraction, interim, altered or dealer plate violations   
  •  Juvenile alcohol offenses must contact Probate Court

Note:  You may pay the total listed within 40 days. We do not accept personal checks. Failure to pay on time may result in suspension of driving privileges.