Disaster Relief Foundation, INC
Donations are currently being accepted at Firefighter's Credit Union. If you would like to make a donation to the St. Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation, INC, please go to the Firefighters Credit Union and let them know you would like to donate to the "St. Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation".
Policies and Regulations for Saint Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation, Inc.
The following guidelines are to be followed in the event that a Disaster Declaration has been made at the County level.
This organization will NOT distribute funds at any time to disaster victims. All funding will be distributed to a licensed and bonded contractor, big box store and/or lumberyard that is approved with SJC Disaster Relief Foundation, Inc.
To support our constituents and ensure that as a community we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from natural and man-made disasters.
In order to qualify for funding through the Saint Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation Inc., all of the guidelines below must be met:
- The resident must own their home in Saint Joseph County, Indiana and the affected home must be their primary residence.
- The damage must be an uninsured loss.
- The total assessment of the property damage must exceed the state grant funding ceiling.
- The residents must have already had their home mucked out and sprayed for mold.
- Residents must have applied for any state programs made available and will only qualify for SJCDRF assistance if they have been denied for the state aid program.
Disqualifying Factors for Receiving Funding through the Saint Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation Inc.
- Landlords for affected homes that are not their primary residence.
- Those who did not apply for state assistance that has been made available.
- Those who did not apply for the State Grant Assistance Program (If available)
- Homes with damage under $5,000
- Those who have insurance covered that will cover the damage
- For profit and not for profit organizations
- Multi-family residential buildings
The Saint Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation Inc. will fund the following expenditures upon recommendation from a licensed and bonded contractor:
- Water Heaters
- Roof and/or structural damage
- Building Materials (Sheetrock, 2x4 lumber, insulation) for essential living space only
- Chlorination of the potable water supply IF the water supply has been deemed contaminated with bacterium
- Any other expenditures deemed necessary by the SJCDRF board, specific to the disaster.
Funding will be dispersed according to the guidelines set below. The amount of funding to be distributed will rely upon the financial balance of the 501c3. The Saint Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation Inc. shall maintain a minimum balance of $20,000.
- Structural Damage
- Water Heaters
- Building Materials (sheetrock, insulation, windows, doors)
- Additional supplies deemed necessary and approved by the Saint Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation Inc. pertaining to the incident that focus on the principles of safe, sanitary and secure.
- All furnaces and water heaters will be installed by a licensed and bonded contractor.
At no time will the Saint Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation Inc. distributed money for clothing, utilities, food or alternative housing. This organization will NOT distribute funds at any time to disaster victims and all funding will be given directly to the licensed and bonded contractor or distribution center for supplies.
The Saint Joseph County Disaster Relief Foundation Board may make changes to these guidelines depending on the extent or scope of the disaster. The board holds the authority to make any and all changes to the guidelines when a majority vote supports the change.